Friday, May 23, 2008
DECORATING VASES OR OTHER PLAIN OBJECTS
1.vase or other object
2. grout, clay or other medium
3. small objects such as coins, beads, tiles, glass pieces and other objects to add texture to the coating
4. crayons, charcoal pencil or colour pencils
5. adhesive fixer (available from any hardware/art store)
1. Ensure the surface of the object is clean and dry
2. Smooth the grout or clay over the object to form a coating
3. Use forks, coins, brushes or other objects to create swirls and patterns in the grout/clay
4. Stick the coins, beads, tiles or other objects into the grout or clay. Press them in firmly or they will fall off.
5. Allow to dry (24 hours)
6. Colour the coating by running a crayon or colour pencil over the grooves and swirls in the grout/clay.
7. Spray the finished product with adhesive fixer
Posted by Sjda at 5/23/2008