Thursday, May 22, 2008
DECORATING CARDBOARD BOXES/SHOEBOXES/CARTONS
Instead of throwing away boxes used for packaging things that you've bought, why not decorate them so that they can be recyled.
2. decorative materials - scraps of paper, beads, bits of cloth, buttons, ribbon, dried flowers, etc
3. paint, crayons
4. glue, cellophane tape
1. Choose a colour scheme to decorate the box and select materials from whatever is available on hand
2. Apply base colour (paint or crayon) first
3. Stick largest scraps of material on the box first to cover up labels, price tags, logos or other markings
4. Add smaller scraps of material and other objects to fill up visible spaces or according to a particular design
5. Add cellophane tape over bits which seem likely to peel off or fall off.
Posted by Sjda at 5/22/2008