Become an affiliate writer - http://www.iwriter.com/affiliate/233798

Monday, August 24, 2009

Clay jar




This jar has actually been put together from two different components.

The first, was a cylinder-shaped plastic piece, open on both ends, and the second, the lid of a jam jar.

Step 1 involves fitting the jam jar lid into the plastic piece so that it forms a bottom (yes, I had to hunt around for one that fit).

Step 2 involves covering the entire container with paper clay. The clay was a bit stiff and not very pliable, so I found that warming it up in my hands helped to make it softer.

Once the whole container was covered with clay, I made designs on the soft clay using a fork and then stuck black and white beads into it in a pattern.

Once dried, I used crayon to shade the container.


No comments: