Become an affiliate writer - http://www.iwriter.com/affiliate/233798

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Costume Jewellery Display

For this project, I used costume jewellery that used to belong to my late mother. For years, these items have been packed into a jewellery box, so I thought that this would be a nice way to display some of the less valuable pieces.


First, I selected the pieces, keeping to a general matte gold theme. I decided to stick to gold chains and a couple of ear rings.

I started off by covering a canvas with beige acrylic paint, using a sponge. I then used brown acrylic paint to create random designs on the canvas and light-brown filla as an adhesive with which to stick the jewellery pieces onto the canvas.

The canvas will be framed using a dark brown frame and hung on a wall in my room.

No comments: